It’s been a long, cold winter! Ok, well, not really. We’ve been quite blessed in the Midwest with the mild winter we’ve been having! But, I will say this, the past couple of weeks with the cold, below- zero weather, I’ve been enjoying probably a bit too much coffee. 🙂 And, with homemade almond milk. I used to buy almond milk but after discovering how many of the brands had extra additives, I began researching how to make my own. And, to my surprise, it’s actually super easy!
Once you get the hang of making your own down, you can even add flavors to make different creamers out of the milk.
Here’s the recipe we use:
Yields: 4 cups
1 cup raw organic almonds
5 cups spring or filtered water
1. Add 1 cup almonds and 1 cup water to the Quick Cooker
We use the Quick Cooker made https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/shanskitchen/shop/Cookware/Cookware/Quick+Cooker/100011my Pampered Chef, found here: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/shanskitchen/shop/Cookware/Cookware/Quick+Cooker/100011
2. Close and lock the lid. Set pressure to HIGH and time to 1 minute.
3. When time is up, do a quick or natural release.
4. Strain almonds and rinse well under cold water.
5. Transfer rinsed almonds to high-powered blender. Add 4 cups water.
6. Blend on high for 2 minutes.
7. Set Chinois over large bowl. Pour almond milk through.
8. Transfer to a quart-sized Mason jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days After you have stained it and want to make a coffee creamer add 1 tbsp vanilla and 4 tbsp. of maple syrup.